Monday, March 18, 2013

Girls Class A State Basketball Championship

For a little bit, I thought my sports jinx extended to even the teams I was covering. Grand Haven came into the Class A state championship game on a 51-game winning streak. Their opponent, Grosse Pointe South, was the same team they beat a year earlier in the final after rallying from an 18 point second half hole.

The even though Grand Haven controlled most of the game, it looked like it was going to slip away from them in the very last seconds. But thanks to a combination of a good defensive play and some luck, they hung on until overtime and sealed the deal there. Two state titles in a row for the Buccaneers.

 I shot a ton, had a blast and learned a lot, this being my first state title game. Here are a handful of frames I liked from the day.








No comments: