Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Playoffs

Bittersweet. That's how high school football playoffs have been for me. The games are more important, the crowd is into it more, I get to shoot in the daylight again, the terrible teams are weeded out and the games are (mostly) ridiculously competitive. 

On the reverse side, just as with the players, each game could be my last of the season. And, unfortunately, I shot my last football game last weekend. I thought I would get to go cover a state final game in Detroit, but it wasn't to be.

So rather than doing a retrospective or some bullshit on the season, I wanted to post a bunch of pictures from just the playoffs. I think I could have done a better job early on covering more than just the action, but this whole year is a stepping stone and learning experience and this season has definitely been a huge part of my internship.

As much as I hate it when the weather starts to get cold and the days get shorter, wherever I am next year I'm going to be chomping at the bit for the summer to end. When the lights are fired up and the new crop of players dig their cleats into the field for the first time. 

Thanks for looking.
















No comments: